Driver III Job Group ‘D’
(Ministry Of Industrialization)
Advert. No. MOI/DRIVER/1/2012
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacancy.
Driver III, Job Group ‘D’ Three (3) Posts
Salary Scale: Kshs.10,380 x 480 - 10,860 x 510 - 11,370 p.m.
Terms of Service:- Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsements(s) for the class(es) of vehicle(s) the officer is required to drive;
- Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Passed Suitability Test for Driver Grade III;
- Passed practical test for drivers conducted by this Ministry;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police; and
- At least two (2) years driving experience
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry grade into the driver’s cadre.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve
- driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc.;
- detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned; ensuring;
- ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- and maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
Interested and Suitably qualified individuals should forward their duly completed application forms for employment, PSC2 (Revised 2007), enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates to:-
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Industrialization
Telposta Towers, 22nd floor
P O Box 30418- 00100
On or before 14th November 2012