Business Trainers - Young Women in Enterprise
TechnoServe is an international, non-profit economic development organization founded in 1968 out of a conviction that a vibrant private sector is an essential foundation for economic growth and poverty reduction.
TechnoServe undertakes targeted, catalytic technical assistance and other programming to increase the competitiveness of entrepreneurs, businesses and industries that in-turn provide sustainable employment, inclusion of the poor and increased incomes.
TechnoServe operates in 26 developing countries with over 1000 employees.
For more information, visit www.technoserve.org
TechnoServe’s Young Women in Enterprise and its implementing partners propose an adolescent girls’ (14-24years) economic empowerment project in Nairobi, Eldoret and Kisumu.
The project’s goal is to increase disadvantaged girls’ economic resilience, thus reducing their vulnerability to HIV/AIDS and contributing to the reduction of HIV infection by 50% among them.
In this regard the Young Women in Enterprise Program is seeking to engage a Trainer who will be based in Eldoret or Kisumu whose work will be to implement the program in these two regions.
This will be a contract work for six months with potential for extension to one year upon availability of funds.
General Job Description
The Trainer will provide training and aftercare support to YWE girls in the program.
The trainer will mobilize and recruit girls to join the enterprise clubs, provide training, and facilitate linkages to financial institutions, employment and internship.
He/she shall manage all the aspects of their girl’s enterprise clubs including experiential business, mentorship, HIV messaging, ID card acquisition and savings.
The trainer will be expected to be a good role model to the girls and maintain good relationships with girl’s families, the local community, partners and all key stakeholders.
The specific responsibilities for the trainers will be:-
i. Mobilize and recruit girls to join YWE
* Develop and implement an innovative strategy for recruiting the target group in the allocated project area through actively engaging girls, the community and key stakeholders.
* Enroll girls into the program and form enterprise clubs.
* Support identification of appropriate and safe meeting venues within the target areas within a walking distance to the venues.
* Ensure availability of all training materials required for training sessions
* Implement the training program in entrepreneurship, employability, agribusiness, and financial literacy as per the program curriculum
* Ensure dissemination of HIV messaging, services and information.
* Identity and train girls as peer educators to provide community outreach HIV/AIDS prevention programs.
* Assist girls to open bank accounts with credible banking institutions and make savings.
* Support the identification of alumni girls and business women to provide mentorship support to the girls.
* Retain updated demographic database of the girls consisting their name, family background, skill set, location, mobile phone contacts.
iii. Managing the Enterprise clubs
* Support girls to start and run experiential businesses
* Plan and roll out club level competitions
iv. Aftercare Support
* Provide linkages for continuous learning in business, vocational skills and agribusiness
* Help girls establish growth oriented business and micro franchises, Link girls to employment and internship opportunities, and basic computer training
* Help girls access credit facilities from credible financial institutions e.g. banks, MFIs
v. Other Duties
* Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor(s) from time to time
The Trainer will report directly to the Business Advisor, or to any other person designated by the Program Manager.
The trainer shall possess the following qualifications:
* Hold a university degree in Education, Social Sciences or Business related disciplines
* Have field work experience working in the community with young and dynamic people.
* At least 1 year working experience as a trainer/teacher
* Competence in computing skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
* Excellent written and communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
* Must be social and approachable
* Must be a good team player
Please submit your application (by email only) to email@example.com with the position title placed in the subject line.
(1) cover letter describing your interest,
(2) curriculum vitae,
(3) salary history, and
(4) telephone contacts of three Professional referees.
Please include all requirements in one document (Word or PDF).
Applications will be treated confidentially.
Deadline for applications is 25th January 2013.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer